Everest Wealth, established in 2002, focused to offer sound investment management, promoting stable returns over the medium to long term.

Contact

+27 87 654 8705

3rd Floor, Building C, Westend Office Park, 250 Hall Street, Centurion, Pretoria, 0046.

info@everestwealth.co.za

Let Our Experts Take Care of Your Legacy.

According to statistics, more than 70% of South Africans die without leaving a will. The remaining 30% of the estates will either be administered according to the Law of Testate Succession, or the Law of Intestate Succession where the existing will is declared as invalid. In the event where a deceased fails to leave a valid will, the deceased will forfeit the opportunity to decide on how his/her estate will devolve. Failure to implement proper planning beforehand will most likely lead to uncertainty and conflict for those you leave behind and may include further implications when referring to estate duty and tax.

At Everest Wealth, we believe that “True wealth is built over time” and we have therefore decided to extend the diversity of our solutions to include fiduciary services including a will, estate and trust offering, to our current and future clients. This is to encourage not only wealth built over time, but also a conversion into a legacy maintained, following a client’s death.
The field of estate planning is regarded as a highly specialised field and it is of importance that you entrust this duty to an advisor or fiduciary specialist with the necessary knowledge and skills within these fields. 
Our services include: 
  • Estate planning

  • Will drafting and safekeeping

  • Administration of deceased estates

  • Trust administration services (where required) 

Everest Wealth, in promotion of the legacy we strive for our clients to protect, has decided to partake in the National Wills Week from 26-30 October 2020 and wish to hereby invite our clients to contact our fiduciary team for the drafting of their Last Will and Testament.
Simple reasons why you should have your will drafted and administered by a professional:
Everest Wealth, in promotion of the legacy we strive for our clients to protect, has decided to partake in the National Wills Week from 26-30 October 2020 and wish to hereby invite our clients to contact our fiduciary team for the drafting of their Last Will and Testament.

Numerous people die without leaving a valid will. If your will is declared invalid, your estate will be administered according to the Intestate Succession Act. This means that your estate will not be distributed according to your wishes, but according to the prescribed rules.

When determining the costs involved in the winding up of your estate, it is important to consult a professional about the possibilities of reducing your estate duty and the remaining costs involved in the administration process. Poor estate planning may lead to various tax implications.

This type of trust is specifically created as a testamentary trust which comes into effect upon the death of the testator/testatrix. The purpose of this trust is aimed at protecting minors or dependants who are unable to attend to their own affairs. Failure to make provision for a testamentary trust for a minor child will result in the minor’s inheritance being paid into the Guardian’s Fund.

One of the most difficult aspects of administering an estate is ensuring that the last will of the deceased is adhered to. By appointing a professional to attend to the administration of your estate, this burden will be carried by someone who is equipped to deal with complex situations and that will remain impartial when dealing with family disputes.

Common errors occur when personally drafting a will. One such error may be that no provision is made for substitution of heirs. It is of importance to make provision for various scenarios as failure to do so may lead to your will being administered as partially testate and intestate.

Should you have any queries in this regard, please contact Everest fiduciary services. Everest Wealth can help you meet your goals, contact us at 0876548705 or info@everestwealth.co.za.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *